Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Continuum

Books, film, music. Discuss it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Continuum

Postby jawapro on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:12 pm

I bought The Ark of Truth from an ebay seller about 3 weeks before it was out in the shops here. I couldnt wait to get my hands on it - and I didnt want to resort to priacy, as I want to support the movies so they will make more.

It was pretty good - but I wouldnt say it was brilliant. It was pretty much like a good two-parter episode (without the cliff-hanger in the middle). That means it was great - but it didnt really surpase what we've seen in the show.

And I think that's probably a good thing. If they kept trying to up the ante from the show, it wouldnt feel like Stargate SG1 anymore.

I wasnt a huge fan of the Ori storyline - so it's good to see that all wrapped up and completed.

So now we have to wait for Continuum. That's a seperate story - and feature time travel, and Jack! Yep, from what I've read/seen etc, Jack O'neil is back for the next movie. I quite like Cameron Mitchell (although the actor was better in Farscape) but Jack O'neil is so much a part of Stargate - that it's just not the same without him.

And thankfully, Atlantis still seems to be going strong. They have been picked up for another season, which is good news.
Fear me - for I am ROOT....
jawapro
Contributor

Re: Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Continuum

Postby bennyling on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Nice. Stargate Atlantis for the win!

Season 5 should be awesome; shame about the writers strikes.
bennyling
Whoa!

Return to Media Lounge